AIM
sumguy720

Mountains of Gold Mountains of Gold

I used this in a video, how could I not rate it full marks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBw_b M2FvU&feature=youtu.be

- When it Rains - When it Rains

Cool!

Good job on the bass and some of the backing. The only thing I'm not real cool with is the pulsing synthline that keeps coming in in the background doing the slow progression. Erm... I think it's called eurogate in FL studio's sytrus. Anyway, I would consider changing that to something a little more interesting because right now it sort of genericizes an otherwise really sweet track.

You know what I'm sayin'?
Check it!

And good luck with moving further with this project.

Or4nges responds:

I know exactly what you mean. It's weird though, some people go crazy for the pattern because it's easily recognizable, but others hate it because it's too generic. And i'll admit I just kinda through in there as a concept for now, I can't finish the song really until my buddy gets back to me.

Like An Anthem Like An Anthem

Very cool!

I like this!
Good buildup, good chord progression, good sound overall, your mixing is good, the beats of the drums and rhythms of the synths work well together.
It would be cool if there were something a little more out there to grab on to. Right now this is like the most solid you can have a track without a definitive lead, but still I wish there was a more defined melody on top of all this to make the song more memorable. I can almost hear one in my head right now. You should look into that. And since this is creative commons I might even write one and let you know how it goes.

Great job!

ACINO responds:

Thank you so much! And i would appreciate that really much!!=) And i know but i am not so good at making melodies:/ But thanks

There is always an end There is always an end

It's a good idea

I like the main idea behind all this but it sounds off tempo-- a little repetitive, and there isn't much to it at this point. This would make a really nice melody in a dance song perhaps as well as an ambient song. Work on a chord progression for it, fill
out the bass and percussion, and you'll have a nice song working for you!

Keep working on it!

Dannyboi93 responds:

Thanks for the advice :) if i find the files, i'll work on it!

skat loop 1 skat loop 1

OH mannnn

The other loop you wrote had me excited. This one is bland by comparison. Predictable even in the 8 seconds we can hear it, not to mention the weird harmonics in your main synth voice. It sounds like a 5th all the way through?

I don't want to be a jerk or anything, but this one could use a lot of work. Something to divide up even the short time that this loops over. A broken beat, a more interesting synth, and definitely something to lead from the loop end back to the beginning. For example, on the last half beat have the main synth go up a half step to a D.
6/10 for being kinda blah. But you could get it working I'm sure.

The beat is kinda cool though.

Electro Loop #2 DB93 Electro Loop #2 DB93

This is good!

If you can somehow make it into a full track you should try it! This is some cool stuff. I have to say, even for a loop it's a bit too short. 16 seconds would be more appropriate with the amount of progression your song implies here.

I'm not sure if I'm wild about the echoing background synth after 0:04. It's really a cool sound but it creates a dissonance that isn't ever resolved. If the idea is to make the whole track kind of like that it's cool but you should fiddle with your note progression a bit. Up until 0:04 the loop sounds melodic and cuts away to some weird harmonics nobody expected!

All in all I gotta say you have a really nice sound but you have to expand on it to make that background echoing synth make sense.

Good job!

Dannyboi93 responds:

Awesome, thanks for that :D it's encouraging to know people like my sounds! Plus, it's about time somebody started handing out constructive criticism!

Fading Times (ACINO) Fading Times (ACINO)

Nice work!

Sweet job dude-- It's just coming off as a little 2-D in some places, gets a little too one-tracked. When your arpeggio comes in you have a really nice sound and a good crescendo at 1:50, but it really follows the piano part too closely. It would be cool if you could modify that piano part starting at 0:41 so it doesn't stay so close to your chord progression all the time. Make it a liitle more melodic and less like a re-iterance of your base chord. You know what I mean? It comes off as kind of duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh, the rhythm is so stagnant, maybe put the keystrokes for that piano part like:
Duh--duhduh---duh-duh---duhduh--duh
I don't know if you see what I mean.
ANYWAY, add some higher tier melody on the 2:03 section too! Why repeat your arpeggio without adding to it? It sounds great but it could be really a lot more attractive there, tis a good opportunity to add something more memorable.
Your cooldown is fine, a little long, but still fine. Same issue with the stagnancy of your piano rhythm.
Finally: Consider adding ONE final chord to your ending that resolves your progression. Like a major or minor chord there.

Good work though.

ACINO responds:

Thank you for an really constructive review:) I really appreciate that! And yeah you are absolutely right but my piano skills are still so bad that its hard to make it sound better:/ And btw i had a plan to make the arppegio more variating but i forgot:D And the final chord would be awesome but.. Too late man:) Thanks for advices!:)

==(IMPACT)== ==(IMPACT)==

Cool!

Sounds pretty good, Interesting anyway. This could definitely use some filling out though-- like some kind of foundation, especially around 0:47, some bass line or backing chords would really do well to fill out your istrumental spacing. 1:20 is pretty good again, nice and mellow, still with the interesting movement in the lead.

2:46 is good, feels a lot more full than the rest of the song up until that point. If you could get some interesting countermelodies, basslines, and chord foundations this would be really cool.

I appreciate your desire to do things out of the ordinary. Oh! And you should maybe focus on making the song move in a direction rather than kinda wandering so much. You don't have to compromise your originality to do that-- anyway let me know when you make another huh?
It's better than a lot of the stuff I hear around here anyway.

Buoy responds:

A lot of things I disagree with here :P The kick drum and the keyboard chords that follow the same rhythm is the 'foundation' for the main motif bit, and the kick has a pretty long decay which substitutes for a sub bass line most of the time. Around 0:47 I decided to drop the chord backing thing and just make every instrument play the melody in unison to really punctuate that one melody. And I really prefer to keep everything audible and clear rather than filling the sound spectrum to the brim with different instruments and countermelodies.

Dunno what you mean with direction here, but I think the song structure is fine if that's what you mean.

I could let you know next time I submit something but then again if you're genuinely interested you could check out some other tunes I made, most of them have far more standard song structures than this one

Anyway thanks much for the review!! Love to hear some constructive criticism even though just I systematically went through each sentence and disagreed with it, haha :D

[Fiji_&_RNG] Infused [Fiji_&_RNG] Infused

Way cool maing!

By the Gods Mr. Fijiwigi you've gotten eight thousand times better than when I listened to your stuff back in May. You making a professional album now? This stuff is sick!

[Fiji]Revival [Fiji]Revival

That is--- sweet!

Very cool. I like your melody, it's catchy, it's long, it works. Your intro bass is fab, your percussion is right where it needs to be. Nicely mixed and mastered. But I'm not here to shell out lengthy compliments, because you clearly know what you are doing in those areas.

NOW, the piece seems a little disjointed- You go onto what seems to be a transition at 1:10, until your second melody comes in at 2:16, now, that's a little long for a transition, it's passable, but your second melody is not quite as driving as your first, it's fine, no serious complaints, but next to your intro/outro it's really not comparable. I think what the middle of this needs is a little more punch. I like it better when the kick is going, less when it's not for a long period of time, and I think this is way kick ass when your awesome lead melody comes in. I'd like to see that come in more toward the middle too, rather than leaving it arranged at the two ends of the song.

Finally: ENDING SUCKS!!!!! But I mean what the hell, the beginning was fantastic, and the near-ending was great too.

More specifically: one rough spot I noticed was when your lead came in for the first time. It sounds cool, but it kind of surprises me, in a way that scares and confuses me-- Maybe put in a 'winding up' effect or a very short buildup to that opening, so it doesn't come across as so... surprising? That's my personal opinion, I have no technical knowledge to back that up, so do it or don't do it, you know.

from 0:00 to 1:10 - 5/5 15/10
from 1:10 to 2:42 - 4/5 7/10
from 2:42 to 3:26 - 5/5 8.5/10
from 3:26 to 4:21 - 4/5 8/10
from 4:21 to 5:17 - 5/5 10/10
from 5:17 to 5:27 - 2/5 4/10

Overall: 5/5 8.5/10 =9/10 Nice job. Very strong introduction, some misleading transition, a shakey ending, but awesome awesome foundation. If you keep that up you could start getting money for your projects (not from me, I'm poor).
I'd come back to this later too, if I were you.

MrFijiWiji responds:

finaly! i have somewhat pleased the impossible critic! thank you man.....and money? wow ... i mean thats a stretch... but just i cant help dreamin hahaha