AIM
sumguy720

Found you Found you

Cool

This i really good, instant five, but it is a little hard to follow at some points. Like, the kid becomes a baby and the whole world is in his imagination? I mean, it doesn't make a lot of narrative sense. Do you know what I'm saying?

I was really drawn in though, I wanted to watch more.

A Generic CD Flash A Generic CD Flash

Good!

This is better than... those other ones.
You know?

Not all the way. But yes. It would have been a little funnier if you had actually animated like a 2-3 second intense action sequence buildup that you could cut off. The timing was goooood though.

Soapbubble responds:

Yeah, that would be funnier. Buuut that wouldn't be a proper CD flash if it required work.

Truck Driving! Truck Driving!

Okay--

That's not a bad idea- but it would have been better if you had filmed it outside, and maybe spent some more time drawing a proper dashboard.

So not executed well, but... good idea.

alafraga responds:

No, you got it all wrong. This was something i wanted to see what people think, you know what i mean.

New Expert's Guide to NG! New Expert's Guide to NG!

Sweet

This was pretty good. I think your best tips were in flagging reviews and in voting scales. I guess in audio I'm a stat whore and in flash I'm a regular ol' voter.

I can't decide whether or not I should flag the review below, though, so maybe you've failed in that respect.

Anyway, good job.
Oh yeah-- you should add tips and tricks for getting front paged on the audio portal. It's all about the Tuesdays.

Vector Boom Vector Boom

Fantastic!

I haven't played a flash game all the way through before! This really hooked my attention, and the leveling up made it far more interesting as the game went on. The turrets didn't seem quite as cool as they could have been though. Maybe make them fire bright lasers or something?
But seriously fun! I look forward to it if you make another.

Eridani Eridani

Solid

What you have here is awesome. This is a graet piece of solid gameplay-- and a good place to start-- but not a great place to stop!
I played it for a while until I died, so you did this well... but the game is very shallow after one bout.

Try adding differnt enemies or powerups, make the game a little more deep or meaningful!

Mountains of Gold Mountains of Gold

I used this in a video, how could I not rate it full marks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBw_b M2FvU&feature=youtu.be

- When it Rains - When it Rains

Cool!

Good job on the bass and some of the backing. The only thing I'm not real cool with is the pulsing synthline that keeps coming in in the background doing the slow progression. Erm... I think it's called eurogate in FL studio's sytrus. Anyway, I would consider changing that to something a little more interesting because right now it sort of genericizes an otherwise really sweet track.

You know what I'm sayin'?
Check it!

And good luck with moving further with this project.

Or4nges responds:

I know exactly what you mean. It's weird though, some people go crazy for the pattern because it's easily recognizable, but others hate it because it's too generic. And i'll admit I just kinda through in there as a concept for now, I can't finish the song really until my buddy gets back to me.

Like An Anthem Like An Anthem

Very cool!

I like this!
Good buildup, good chord progression, good sound overall, your mixing is good, the beats of the drums and rhythms of the synths work well together.
It would be cool if there were something a little more out there to grab on to. Right now this is like the most solid you can have a track without a definitive lead, but still I wish there was a more defined melody on top of all this to make the song more memorable. I can almost hear one in my head right now. You should look into that. And since this is creative commons I might even write one and let you know how it goes.

Great job!

ACINO responds:

Thank you so much! And i would appreciate that really much!!=) And i know but i am not so good at making melodies:/ But thanks

cat cat

Nice!

This one is pretty good! I think you conquered the highlights on this really well, and I think what you need is some darker shades on the hind parts facing away from the light source (the backs of the front legs, the rear end, the back of the tail, just under the head at the neck, etc). But generally this looks a lot better than the other one I reviewed! It seems like you've improved quite a bit since you drew that one.
I understand from the outline that this cat has a more subtle kind of fur, which would require less texture, however a very subtle texture for the fur would make a world of difference as far as making the body look a little more convincing. Some shading behind the shoulder blade might also help that shoulder guard look more like it's ON the cat as opposed to next to it.
Overall, good job!

PS: The necklace has an awful texture!! The grid lines should not all be aligned like that! Bleeeeeggghhhhh!

meow meow

It's okay!

This actually strikes me more as a fox, due to the elongation of the snout and pointed ears. I can see the cat body and general shape in there, but originally my impression was "FireFox".

Its interesting what you've done with the piece. It looks like some good gradient work. The piece sort of lacks a certain pop, or contrast because of the linear method of shading (ie, the gradients), so next time I think you'd get better results shading by hand. On second glance it seems as though you HAvE done some by-hand shading, but more of that would be great, add some shadow on the body from the tail, add a little shading from the fur onto the body to add texture, make the fangs exist outside of the outline of the head (maybe they're gray markings, but they should be textured like fur if they are!) and I think you'll have a great piece here.
It's a good start, but you're not quite there. Keep at it!

Matter Morph Matter Morph

Fantastic!

Oh man this is sweet. It reminds me of a quasar jet punching a hole through interstellar gas. I think it would be better if you gave the long streamlike part a little more definition from the gas cloud, but other than that I think you did a great job. What did you make this in?

Kaze666x responds: